the annual wing-ding starts
in only three days!
Did you know... ?
- 90% of all fireworks originate from China
- The first recorded fireworks in England were at the wedding of King Henry VII in 1486
- A record breaking 56,000 firework rockets were launched simultaneously in a spectacular opening to the Plymouth, UK Fireworks Championships by Scientist Roy Lowry
- At first fireworks were only orange and white. In the Middle Ages new colours were achieved by adding different salts. The hardest colour to create is blue
- The record for the largest firework display consisted of 66,326 fireworks and was achieved in Portugal in 2006
- Queen Elizabeth was so fascinated with fireworks that she created an honorary title, "Fire Master of England" for the individual who created the best fireworks
- The largest chocolate firework was measuring 3m high and 1.5m in diameter and containing 60kg of Swiss Cailler chocolates. The firework was released in Zurich on New Year's Eve 2002 — [Hey, wait a minute... chocolate fireworks!?!? Why did I not know about this? I must investigate.]
- Slang. a noisy, exciting celebration or party.
- Slang. a fit, either induced by drugs or feigned.
- Slang. a fit of anger; a rage.