did not hunger palliate
gut would expiate
- Studies have indicated that the more people pay for an all you can eat buffet, the higher patrons rate the quality of the food.
- The buffet business is lucrative since restaurants don’t have to pay much for wait staff – people serve themselves.
- At some specialty buffet places customers are presented with a range of ingredients and encouraged to cook their own food, further reducing costs.
- All you can eat places are usually family or group affairs which is good for the restaurants as there are usually only 1-2 “super-eaters” in the group while other family members eat much less than what they paid for.
- One company inputs metrics about food that was wasted into a computer program. This is then used to figure out how much food to prepare.
- Salads, for example, are particularly popular at the beginning of a new year.
Source: The Atlantic
- to relieve or lessen without curing; mitigate; alleviate.
- to try to mitigate or conceal the gravity of (an offense) by excuses, apologies, etc.; extenuate.